Competition is open to all amateur dancers under the age of 21.
An amateur dancer – a nonprofessional – is defined by California Dance Classics (CDC) as: Any person who is not currently engaging in and has never engaged in dance or given dance instruction as a primary source of monetary income.
Secure your entry by paying your registration fee:
- In order to secure your entry in the selected CDC competition your registration fee must be paid. Once the registration fee has been received you will be recorded as an attending competitor.
- Full payment must be received 60 days prior the competition date.
- Registration will be closed once maximum capacity has been reached.
- If you wish to be wait-listed for a “sold out” location please email full details to email@example.com
Health Related Amendment:
- In these uncertain times of health concerns and government intervention, we will implement several new policies to better serve and protect the interests of our participants and event visitors.
- As always, we will continue to do all we can to provide a safe and clean environment. In addition, we have adopted additional procedures to help minimize the risk of illness. The wellbeing of our participants, staff and guests is our primary concern.
- While it is our intention to host each upcoming California Dance Classics competition in its normal format, exact procedures will be made available 4 weeks prior to each competition.
- In the event of another forced, unforeseen premature closure or interruption of our live competition events, California Dance Classics competition WILL continue in a virtual format. All registered entries will automatically be transferred to the virtual competition. All live competition fees will be transferred to the virtual competition.
- The difference in fees will be refunded or held as a credit. The account holder may choose how the remaining fees are to be processed.
Music / entry details:
- Spelling & entry details must be accurate & fully provided to your registration page no later than four weeks prior to the competition. Penalties apply.
- All music must be submitted no later than four weeks prior to the competition. Failure to do so may be subject to removal from the competition.
On arrival to the venue:
- Solo participants must check in at the information desk and collect his/her competition number which must be worn during the master class.
- Master Classes will take place on stage. A “5” point deduction will be applied to performance score if missed. Scholarships are only available to those students who attend the master classes.
- Ensemble, Duet, Trio, and Pas de deux participants are to be checked in by one representative.
Audience entry is free. A portion of the performance registration fee is used to cover audience costs.
Photography and Video taping is prohibited at all times.
Light weight props are permitted. Placement of props must be done during the announcement of the competitor and completed in less than 30 seconds. All props must be stored in the venue’s delegated area. Please check in with the stage manager to find the specific prop storage location. Props may only be kept in the theatre during the session, (morning, afternoon or evening), that prop is being used.
All props must be safe and easily placed on the stage. No sharp objects. No fire.
Be sure that the bottom of your props are floor friendly. Damage to the Marley Dance Floor will result in a monetary fine.
Routines must be age appropriate and applicable for family viewing. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
In the event that a prize winning soloist performs multiple times in the same section only the participants highest score will be awarded a prize.
If applicable, the performing student’s teacher or coach is responsible for obtaining any required choreographer’s and/or musical releases and is responsible for the payment of any required royalties.
Videos may be purchased via LK Studios
Photographs may be purchased via LK Studios
All performers must change in the designated dressing room areas.
Eating is not permitted in the dressing room.
Rosin is not permitted. The stage will be maintained throughout the event. In the event that Rosin becomes necessary – it will be provided by CDC.
CDC reserves the right to use any photo or video recording of a participants’ performance during the competition for promotional purposes.
CDC reserves the right to restrict the number of times a student may perform.
CDC reserves the right to refuse any registration at its discretion.
CDC reserves the right to refuse participation at will.
There are no refunds for any fees paid. Consideration may be made for Medical/Injury with the Doctor’s Certification in writing.
Merchant Service fees cannot be refunded.
CDC may amend rules and regulations.
California Dance Classics
– Scholarship Awards –
Entries Close November 11, 2020